As if!

Hello all and Happy Halloween from me and Cady Heron! Thought a spooky gif would be the best way to start off a post here on Halloween. 

[Mean Girls, 2004]

Our newest assignment is to start working on a 10 page research paper that will be due at the end of the semester. Each individual had to choose an area of film and the respective films that would assist in their research.

[16 Candles, 1984]

As can be inferred from the gifs I have chosen for this post, I am focusing on the classic chic flick. Specifically from the three decades; the 1980's, 1990's, and 2000's. There are many films that are considered to define a generation and the films that I have chosen to define the three mention decades are 16 Candles, Clueless, and Mean Girls. Each of these films involve a female heroine who is making their way through the trials and tribulations of Hollywood's image of high school. The question that I have chosen to focus on is what are the similarities and differences in the progression of the main female characters in each film and whether the generational differences dictate the trajectory of their journey through the intentions of the characters. 

[Clueless, 1995]
I hope I have given you all sufficient ideas for last minute costume ideas, stay spooky my friends! 🎃

Comments